Frequently Asked Questions
What do you need help with?
Not a scary word or something you say when it’s funny, AHA is your skin’s mega friend not foe.
- Breaks down layers of built up dead skin cells, helping unclog pores, without all that harsh scrubbing.
- Triggers skin to renew and rebuild itself, like a born again ‘skin makeover’ rocks up blemish free.
- Kills acne-causing bacteria. Skin for the win.
- Smooths and hydrates, giving you a more even, glowing skin tone.
AKA beta hydroxy acid, aka Salicylic Acid, aka your skin will love.
- Dives deep into your pores, dissolving things like black heads, oil, and dead skin cells.
- A water-soluble ingredient, it works really well on oily skin by getting straight to the oil that’s blocking and causing inflammation.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory, so you’ll get less infections, irritations, angry skin, and days avoiding the outside world.
Your skin wants what your tastebuds are having in your morning glass of OJ.
- Safe for all skin types.
- Brightens and restores skin tone and reduces dullness and hyperpigmentation, giving skin that ‘youthful glow’ everyone keeps going on about.
- Reduces irritation and inflammation, thanks to its powerful antioxidant properties.
- Minimises under-eye circles, even if you’ve pulled an all-nighter, with some serious plumping and hydrating properties.
- Promotes collagen production, giving your skin a fresh, more elastic, full texture.
- Protects against skin damage caused by the sun, pollution, makeup, acne, and scarring.
Can’t protect against bad hair days though, sorry.
- Speeds up wound healing, meaning less break outs for less time.
Hello, vera: meet one of mother nature’s go-to ingredients.
- A powerful, natural anti-inflammatory, it’ll cool, sooth, and de-red your face and destress your life.
- Feeds your skin important things, like Vitamins A, B, C, D, and E, and minerals magnesium, potassium, and zinc that’ll protect, nourish, and support it.
- Hydrates + moisturises, thanks to its polysaccharide and sterol content (we had to Google it too when we first heard of it).
Found in your body naturally, we’ve added it to our serum for its ultimate hydrating skills.
- Holds 1000x its weight in water, brilliant for drawing moisture into your skin.
- Improves your skin’s elasticity and overall health, giving it a more supple, soft and smiley feel.
- Suitable for all skin types, particularly sensitive.
An Australian native your skin will love.
- Packed full of Vitamin C, it’ll help your skin regenerate and repair itself by triggering collagen and elastic, so you can look awake and not ‘just crawled out of bed’.
- A brilliant brightener and skin tone even’er and restore’er.
- Contains powerful antioxidants that will reduce redness, irritation, and prevent further skin damage.
Healthy for your insides and outsides.
- Reduces irritation, redness, and swelling in your skin. For irritation in life, try chocolate or cute puppies.
- Extremely detoxifying, it’ll remove things that make your skin unhappy, whilst leaving behind things that make it smile.
- Rich in Vitamin E + B2: just what you need to repair skin from breakouts and keep it soft, nourished, and youthful.
- Kills systemic bacterial inflammation, so less ‘ahhhhh’, more smooth.
- Fights and repairs sun damage, pollution damage, age damage, and ‘too many late nights’ damage, thanks to the powerful antioxidant EGCG.
Tea Tree Oil
“And on the 7th day, God created Tea Tree Oil” is what they should’ve written.
- Regulates oil production, which is one of the leading triggers of breakouts.
- Full of anti-inflammatory properties, it soothes and relieves itchy, irritated, red, painful, annoying, frustrating, arghhh skin.
- Thanks to its antiseptic abilities, it’ll reduce infection and maximise wound healing.
Also known as Vitamin B3, also what your skin puts on its dear santa wishlist ever year.
- Helps your skin repair and recover from things like cell damage, pigmentation, congestion, blemishes, and scarring.
- Increases hydration, naturally making your skin smoother, stronger, brighter, and less irritated.
- Regulates the effects of sebum - the oil that builds up and clogs your pores and triggers break outs. Yep, no, thanks.
- No ‘acid’ burning here. Suitable for all skin types, especially sensitive.
Save your tastebuds and rub it on your skin instead.
- Sooths and hydrates skin like you wouldn’t believe till you experienced it.
- Neutralises free radicals that are triggered by external things, like sun and pollution, and by internal stressors, like energy production and hormones.
- Controls oil content on your skin, aka less blocked pores.
- Anti-inflammatory on skin, helping skin similarly to cortisol and steroids, but without the superficial chemicals.
- Reduces dark spots, which often pop up after acne breakouts, eczema, or sunburn.
Do you test on animals?
Hell no. We do cuddle, pet, and take photos of them a lot though. Donate to them, too.
Is it okay to use my fingers with the product? Or do I have to use cotton pads and wipes?
Fingers, pads, washers, sponges, muslin; doesn’t matter what you prefer, as long as it’s clean and it gets the job done.
Can I mix BFF products with other products, like other makeup and skincare?
Of course. BFF is friends with all kinds of beauty and bathroom products. However, to maximise results and isolate your treatment, we advise sticking to only BFF skincare as they’re built to work together.
How often should I use BFF?
AM, PM, and post workout for best results.
How do I take care of my BFF?
We’re pretty low maintenance. Just store us in a normal place - aka not in the sauna or fridge.
How long will it take to get to my letterbox?
Depends where you live.
Australian based? See you in 2-9 working days for standard delivery.
Australian based? See you in 1-3 working days for express delivery.
International? Postman Pat takes 14-21 working days for standard delivery.
If you’re experiencing delays, hit up our customer service team firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what’s going on.
How much does shipping cost?
Free on all orders over $60 in Australia.
Orders under $60 in AUS incur a $10 shipping fee.
Australia Express Shipping $10.
Standard International shipping fee is $15.
Express International shipping fee is $35.
Can I change my shipping address?
Oh, we’ve all been there. Orders are dispatched Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri at 1pm. Email email@example.com as soon as possible with your order number and new address, and hopefully we can sort it out.
Can I track my order?
Keep an eye on your inbox.
We’ve sent you a tracking number to keep an eye out for where your package is.
I’m not happy with the product.
Sorry to hear; we’ve worked really hard on our products to make sure they work for all faces and breakouts. If it’s not working for you, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll sort you out. Like a good BFF should.
How do refunds work?
Here are some fun sentences:
We’ll refund or replace any products that are faulty, damaged, problematic, or reaction’y.
Refunds are processed back the way you paid.
We refund the amount paid on goods, not shipping or customs fees.
We only accept returns and refunds that were purchased via our website.
If you purchased during a promotion or special offer, the refund will be no more than the price paid on purchase.
Gift packs or product kits can only be returned as a whole pack; individual items cannot be refunded.
FYI. Refunds can’t be processed on expired credit cards.
I need to change my order OR cancel. What do I do?
Have no fear, BFF is here. Cringe, but we said it. Orders are dispatched Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri at 1pm. Get typing on your keys and email email@example.com as soon as you can with your order number and what you’d like to cancel or change.
I got the incorrect order. Send help.
NQR? No problem. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting your order number and we’ll arrange the proper products to be sent and the improper products to be returned. Returned products need to be new, unused, and re-saleable. None of this “but I only used it once” stuff. Resaleable, people. Replacement orders take two working days to dispatch.
My order was: a) pretty late, or b) really damaged.
Yuck. Let us fix. Email email@example.com with your number and we’ll sort you out.
I think my product is faulty. Can I swap?
Our products go through strict quality control, also known as Dave. Dave overseas everything leaving our warehouse. If he’s happy, we’re happy. If Dave missed something, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll fix. Dave will also apologise.
Where do I return my products?
If your product meets all criteria and you need to send back to BFF HQ, first get in touch with email@example.com and send here:
Suite 3, Level 10
70 Phillip Street
Sydney NSW 2000
If your order's over $60, you can count on free speedy postage.
Backed by Science
It wasn’t fun talking to scientists, but we did it for you guys.
Pay later with AfterPay
When life hasn’t caught up with payday, we got you.
Doing our bit
We like helping all faces. Planet and animal ones, too.